Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Running

Stefanie has been running a lot more this year, and she has had some great races this summer. Starting with the Salt Lake 5k in 21:33. Then she ran the Murray 4th of July 5k in 20:10. Deseret News 10k in 39:16. And then the Dart Challenge 5k in 19:18 (placing 3rd overall). I am still working on convincing her to run a marathon.
I have not been racing as much this summer, but I have really been enjoying the training. I hope I can survive the Wasatch 100 in 2 1/2 weeks. I am more scared for this race than I have ever been in my life. I guess just because it is unkown running territory for me. The most I have run is 31 miles - at the Wasatch Speedgoat 50k back in July. I am not sure what is motivating me for the 100, but I am anxious to see if I can finish. It is definitely something different for me.

1 comment:

Brad Anderson said...

You will take the 100 by storm...it's just what Talley's do. And Stef, if you don't do a Marathon it is a crime to the running world. You really should do it.
Cute camping pictures. It looks like Ashlyn had a good time.