Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashlyn!

Yeah, we know it's a month late... spring is pretty much the busiest time of the year for us (well, mostly for Corbin!). We can't believe our little baby turned 3 YEARS OLD last month (March 29). This picture of her at 6 months literally seems like yesterday. She was the happiest baby I ever saw and so easy to take care of! She is the first of our two wonderful blessings... and we can't imagine life without her! We are so grateful for everything that happened to make it possible for her to become part of our family.
Somehow she just keeps getting cuter :) And her laugh is even more contagious now. We love you, Ashy! Don't grow up too fast.

The rest of these pics are of things we did for her birthday or on her birthday. The day before her b-day Ashlyn, Sam, Aunt Amanda, Grandma H. & Mommy all went to the zoo. I think Ashlyn would live there if we would let her :)
Ashlyn saw these two lion cub statues and she wanted Sammy to sit on the "baby" lion and herself to sit on the "big girl" lion. Couldn't pass up that photo opportunity :)

We celebrated Ashy's birthday a week early at Grandma Talley's house. I told her we were going to have cupcakes and she couldn't stop talking about it. The whole time we were there she wanted to sit by the cupcakes and she kept pushing on the plastic wrapping with her fingers (undoubtedly hoping one of her pokes would break through so she could steal a taste!). To this day when we tell her we are going to the Talleys she informs us that she wants a white cupcake when we get there.
Had to take a break in the birthday action for a quick shot of these two cuties! Even when Parker is crying he is adorable :)This was the actual, official birthday day. The Hansens came up to our house to celebrate. One of these days I'll learn my lesson- I don't need to buy her anything because Grandma Hansen has got it all covered and then some! What a spoiled but happy little girl!Ashlyn has known she was getting a princess scooter for her birthday since Christmas when I actually bought the thing on sale. I really thought she would forget that we had it but she's so dang smart! (must take after her mom).Can you believe I made this cake myself? Okay, it's not that spectacular, I know, but for someone who doesn't bake much (okay, at all) this was a proud accomplishment. Ashy wanted a pink cake with pink frosting but we compromised and went with a funfetti cake with the pink frosting (too much pink is not a good thing). Ashlyn helped me decorate it and then I had to spread back over the finger marks she kept leaving! No matter what I said she couldn't keep her fingers out of the frosting. I don't think she had more than one bite of actual "cake", but she ate all of her frosting :)

4 comments:

Talley said...

Whatever, she takes after her dad :)

Matt said...

Ok, so I haven't known Ashy her entire life but, I must say, that she is an ABSOLUTE sweetheart!! I'm happy that I get to be her Uncle Matt.

She is so fun to be around and you're right, her laugh is so contagious!

For some random reason, she has taken a liking to me the past couple times we've seen you guys. It's really funny actually but I just think the world of her and feel lucky that I get to know you guys. Even Corbin.

Luke and Kellie said...

I think your cake looks great! I tried to make a round cake for Gabrie's first b-day and it was the grossest (is that a word?) cake I have ever had, hence the cupcakes this year!

Kyrsten said...

Next time we come out Izzy and Ashy can ride their Princess Scooters together with their matching helmets. Happy Birthday Ashy, we miss you. Save some cupcakes for us.