Sunday, October 18, 2009

St. George Marathon

I know this post is a bit late, but I wanted to get some stuff on here about Stef's 1st marathon. She ran the St. George Marathon on October 3rd. I finally convinced her to try one last winter, and she set the goal for St. George. Her training was going really well until the last 2-3 weeks. She had run the Top of Utah 1/2 marathon and finished with a great time (1:20), but hadn't felt great since that race. Her IT Band was bugging her, and she was a little scared going into St. George, but ended up running extremely well anyway.
She finished in 2:51.35 which was good enough for 2nd place in her age division and 8th place overall (1st place overall was only 3:00 in front of her). It was a struggle, especially the final 6 miles, but she made it. And she is even talking about doing another one already, despite the fact that she was as sore as ever for the days following the race.
Here are some pictures:The drive down to St. George. Stef hopped in the back to feed the kids.
This is at mile 19 when I first started running by her. I couldn't officially run with her, so I would just leap frog and take pictures and shout encouragement.

This is around mile 20 - still looking pretty strong.
Her chip time was just a little faster than the gun time posted here.

Sam was really happy to see her mommy, even though she is trying to get away (above).

Ashy was just happy to eat the popsicles and play on the playground

Stefanie on the awards stand with the other top 10 finishers
(including her good friend Rosy in 5th).


4 comments:

JennyD said...

Wow!! Great job Stef! I wish I had the desire to run a marathon. You look so good and in shape! Im jealous! Hee hee! Your girls look so cute all the time. Tell Rosie Way to Go from JENNY LYNNY! I miss you both!

Kyrsten said...

WOW! Good job Stef.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Beckstrands said...

Wow girl that is awesome. I wish I could run like you do. I'm just lazy.
Great job.