Sunday, December 7, 2008

Nike Nationals, Portland, OR

This past weekend, Stefanie and I made a quick trip up to Portland, Oregon to watch the Nike High School Cross Country National Championships. The Davis girls qualified last year and finished 9th. This year they barely missed qualifying as a team, but a mom of one of the girls volunteered to drive the team up to compete in the open race (the 'other' race). Our top runner, Candace, qualified as an individual so she ran in the Championship Race.
It was a quick trip, but Stef and I had a lot of fun, and the girls ran well. Thanks to Colleen for staying at our house with Ashlyn and Samantha.

This is the track on the Nike Campus - it is a 5 lane, 400m track with trees on the outside and trees on the infield. We have started referring to it as 'the track' when we talk about Portland.The girls after the race (Emily, Katie, Meghan, Talya, Candace, Lizzy, and Jessie)

3 comments:

Matt said...

I so miss Portland! :( You think you can just go to my neck of the woods and not invite me?? not cool. You did drive by Tigard and say hi for me, right?

That Nike campus is unbelievable!! Think how peaceful running everyday on that thing would be.

Jeremy Tolman said...

You stinkin jerks! You could have called me and I could have came up to see you! I do live in Oregon you know! I was just up there a couple weeks ago when Wilson was in town. We could have almost had a rat pack reunion!

Talley said...

Jer -
We decided to come up on Tuesday and flew in late on Friday night. We were only IN Portland for about 18 hours. We did talk about you though.
Sorry, man.