Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weber State Freshman Year - Part 1

I originally got this idea from Brad (scanning old pictures and posting them), and I was thinking that December 13th will be the 13th anniversary of our first kiss :)
Then as I was looking through some pictures I started thinking about that entire freshman year at Weber State and how Stef and I met and started dating (it was her sophomore year), and I thought I would post a few of the old pics. Part 2 will be some running pictures of Stefanie and I from that year.

This is from our very first date. I asked Stef to Homecoming which was the night she got back from a cross country trip. In the picture with us (l to r): Bob & Andrea, Nate & Rob Christensen's cousin, Chris & Julie, us, Jenny & Zeb, Haley & Joe, and Darcy & Scotty.
This was from a girls choice institute dance. Stefanie didn't want me to know how much she liked me, so she asked my roommate Scott. Emilee, one of Stef's teammates, asked me. It was a fun dance, but I have to admit, I was pretty jealous. This picture also has Jenny and Zeb, Darcy and Scott, Summer and B.J., Haley and Chris, Bob and Andrea, and Heidi and her date.Halloween - we all dressed up as doctors with scrubs Stef 'borrowed' (stole) from Ogden Regional. In the picture along with me and Stef: Jenny Mortensen, Haley Wallace, Joe Wilson, Keith the trainer, Emilee Merrik, Bob Evans, Lee Lorenz (superman), Scott Dickey, and Andrea Balderas.

This is early on the night of our first kiss. The picture was taken at Joe's Christmas party. It was the night before we all went home for Christmas break - I knew it would be my last chance for a while. The entire night I was thinking about how cute Stef looked and how I wanted to walk her to her apartment that night and have my 2nd kiss ever.

At one point that year, Stef and 3 other girls in her apartment were dating 4 of the guys on the team. This picture is in Stef's apartment - me & Stef, Scott & Jenny, and Jeremy & Haley. Missing from the picture were Bob & Andrea.My 19th birthday - with a cheesy grin. We are feeling old now that we are in our 30s.
This is the night of Joe's baptism. By this point, Stefanie and I were officially dating, and she was letting me tell people about it :)Stefanie and I at the temple - after general conference. Things were getting pretty serious by this time. This picture is a foreshadow of things to come :)
The last day at Harrison Heights. Summer, Emilee, Stef, Jenny, Jeremy, and me.These two pictures are from one of our last dates before my mission. We hiked up the White Pines Trail in Little Cottonwood Canyon (I think that is what it is called). It was a memorable night. I miss that 'Fartlek' t-shirt. It is on my t-shirt quilt that Stef gave me last year, but I can't actually wear it anymore.

8 comments:

Camie said...

Oh, you guys are so darn cute. I love that last photo! I have to take my hat off to Stephanie-I didn't realize she waited for you while you went on your mission. I don't know if I could have done that. Thanks for sharing the memories.

The Beckstrands said...

Wow!!! you guys look so young. I can't believe that was 13 years ago, boy how time does fly. I loved those years a WSU.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas

Luke and Kellie said...

Stef stole scrubs! It's okay my roommate at BYU "borrowed" some for us too!

Brad Anderson said...

Great pics. I can't wait to see more.
Who'd have thought, looking at those pictures, that so many years later you'd be running around a track at night in Page, AZ!

Telisse and Kade said...

You guys look so young........ I cant wait to see more. How fun!

Joe and AnnMarie said...

Nice work, Corbin. There'd better be some rat pack pictures on there sometime, right? Joe Joe

JennyD said...

Those pix are hilarious- you are funny! Joe---is that you? How the heck are ya? I love all of you guys- I could not have had a better, more fun college experience. You all rock- every single one of you. Pure and Simple!! Love to all- Jenny Lynny Mortenseny

Jeremy Tolman said...

Man Harrison Heights had some AWESOME memories that year. I think about that year a lot. Heck that's where the "RAT PACK" was formed! What could have been of greater significance (no offense Stef). . .don't you remember our song we made up after we heard you kissed Stefanie? "well I said what about mackin on Stefanie. . ." after that breakfast at tiffany's song. Oh those were the good ol immature days.
Love the pics. I'm gonna be doing that sometime soon too.